12.26.2009

Status Joe (Part 1 of 3) from Brantley Jones on Vimeo.



During my summer between Sophomore and Junior year, I met a girl named Avital Isaacs at a writer's camp. We hit it off. We were real good friends. We stayed in touch and promised each other that we'd make "video tours" of our home towns and exchange the DVDs in the mail.

It began as a simple "this is where I'm from" sort of thing. Nothing fancy. But soon we started writing scripts, developing characters, buying costumes...and before we knew it, we were shooting an hour-long super hero musical that would take three years to complete. There's one shot where I step into my old Jetta and a following shot where I step out of my father's Ford sedan. A year had passed and the Jetta was sold.

Most of this is pretty embarrassing stuff (can you even understand half of Sinister Sam's lines?), but I really want to share this nonetheless. Watching it last night I was reminded of how joyful making movies should be.

Part two and three will be posted next week.

0 comments:

there is no art

Apture

Followers

Blog Archive